I’m Thankful


Woke up this morning around 2am and it was raining, really hard.

Woke up at 4am and it was still raining, again at 6am and when I have finally crawled out of bed at 8am.

It is really ugly outside but cozy, dry, and warm inside. And for as much as I want to move from this house and it is a pain in my toosh I am thankful for this home. It keeps me warm and secure, it has withstood much, a place to invite friends over for a bite to eat, and provides a place for us to allow people who are going through hardships to find a place to stay.

I need to appreciate it more.

When it rains like this I like to stay inside make soup, make homemade bread, and keep under a warm blanket.

I think I will work on some of my projects today. Knit, crochet, sew, quilt there are so many I have it will be hard to know what to do.

But one thing I will do is to be thankful I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a little bit of yarn to play with.


Comments

Ms Rebecca said…
Gratitude keeps my ego 'right sized'... thanks for expressing your thankful joy! It reminds me to do the same!
Bee said…
I like that expression ~ 'right sized' when referring to our egos! Thanks Miss Rebecca for stopping by!
Tonya Gunn said…
practicing gratitude leads to joy I think.
So wonderful to find the good in all.
Warm wishes,
Tonya

Popular Posts